Explore gin and the art of distilling it.
Travel the length of our beautiful country with a New Zealand craft gin tasting. Try four distinct gins, while hearing the stories of the distillers who create them.
Next explore gin’s key botanicals and unique flavours. Then use your new knowledge to blend your own in our imaGINation lab. While you enjoy your creation, we'll show you how to distil a craft gin using an alembic still.
Break for a gin-inspired lunch (included) and something from our licenced bar - low/no alcoholic options available.
Next your ginstructor will explain how distillation works and cover different methods for finishing a gin. Then we'll blend and dilute the gin fresh from the still, and of course taste it.
As you sip at your leisure you might explore our rural garden and visit the adorable alpacas (they love to be fed carrots). There'll also be ample opportunity carry on the party with a range of botanical gins, craft beers, local wines available to purchase.
- Taste and learn about NZ Craft Gins
- Explore key botanicals and their unique flavours
- Create your own blend in the imaGINation lab, add tonic and enjoy
- Learn to make a vapour infused gin using an alembic still
- Enjoy a gin-inspired lunch (vegie options available).
- Stroll around our rural country garden and visit the adorable alpacas
- Carry on the party with range of botanical gins, craft beers and local wines available to purchase
Find the next Gin Experience date from our calendar below: